Note regarding internships: LAWS does not have open internship positions at this time. Please check out our Volunteer Program if you are interested in volunteer opportunities.
Bilingual Domestic Violence Counselor
We are currently seeking a full-time (37.5 hours/week) Bilingual Domestic Violence Counselor (Bilingual in English and Spanish). The Bilingual Domestic Violence Counselor is a member of the Domestic Violence Services Team, and is responsible for providing short-term crisis counseling and support groups for victims of domestic violence who speak Spanish.
LAWS is an equal opportunity employer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
- Provide short-term crisis counseling for adult victims of domestic violence in Spanish.
- Organize and facilitate domestic violence support groups for adult survivors in Spanish.
- Work collaboratively with agency staff to plan and implement educational, social, and therapeutic events and educational programs for Spanish-speaking clients
- Maintain accurate statistics and records for client services provided and complete grant reports.
- Work collaboratively with agency staff and allied professionals to coordinate client services.
- Participate in agency on-call rotation.
- Masters Degree in Social Work or Counseling (required)
- Fluent in Spanish (required)
- 2-3 year’s experience in a related field, preferably in a domestic violence agency
- Must be willing to work towards licensure under clinical supervision if not licensed; may be required to obtain clinical supervision outside the organization.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, including regular evenings.
Criminal and CPS background check required for successful candidate.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no calls. Incomplete applications without resume and cover letter will not be considered. Please include position title in email subject line. If applying for multiple positions, please send separate email for each position.