Founded in 1984, LAWS is a 501c3, non-profit organization that has earned an outstanding reputation for delivering safe-haven and a host of essential services to adults and children directly impacted by domestic and sexual violence. LAWS’ mission is to serve adults and children who are victims of domestic violence and sexual assault; to empower, inform, and advocate for these individuals; to educate the community about domestic violence and sexual assault; and, to work towards the elimination of personal and societal violence. LAWS’ strives to offer a framework of comprehensive support services to victims of domestic and sexual violence so that they may live free from fear, anxiety, and danger.
Every year, LAWS’ staff of approximately 40 professionals, a committed group of volunteers, and a diverse Board comprised of community and business leaders, work to enhance the lives of the approximately 1,000 adult and child victims of domestic and sexual violence here in Loudoun County. Today, in addition to operating a 24/7, emergency shelter for adult and child victims, LAWS also delivers an array of services to include a 24-hour hotline, counseling, legal resources, support groups, a Child Advocacy Center, and community outreach programming. All services are provided with complete confidentiality, and at no cost to recipients. Additionally, LAWS operates a retail thrift shop (The Resourceful Woman) in downtown Leesburg.
To Apply for the positions below:
Send a cover letter and resume to LAWSHR@lcsj.org. Please no calls. Incomplete applications without resume and cover letter will not be considered. Please include position title in the email subject line. If applying for multiple positions, please send separate email for each position.
Overnight Shelter Advocate (Part-Time)
Loudoun Citizens for Social Justice, Inc. (LAWS), seeks a part-time Overnight Advocate. The Advocate is a member of the Domestic Violence Services/Shelter Services and Sexual Assault Services Teams and is responsible for evening, night and weekend Shelter and LAWS 24-Hour hotline coverage.
One shift is currently needed:
Monday 9pm- Tuesday 8am; Wednesday 9pm-Thursday 8am; Friday 9pm- Saturday 9am
LAWS is an equal opportunity employer.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Respond to hotline calls and provide crisis intervention, support, information, and referrals to hotline callers.
- Respond to requests for shelter and arrange shelter for callers when appropriate.
- Respond to requests for forensic medical exam accompaniments and coordinate with advocates and on-call staff to ensure service requests are met.
- Complete LAP call follow up services for high danger victims.
- Assist in training Hotline volunteers and new night/weekend staff, when necessary.
- Participate in Shelter night and weekend coordinator meetings to receive training and provide support to staff answering hotline calls.
- Enter hotline calls and services provided into VAdata daily.
- Maintain and complete statistics and records as required by the agency and funders.
- Complete agency training for new staff as well as on-going training as directed.
- Assist and interact with shelter clients, as needed when time permits.
- Sort and store donations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work; Psychology; Counseling, or associated field.
- One year’s experience in crisis intervention, victim support, information & referral services
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Previous hotline experience preferred
- Clear background, sex offender registry, and CPS check required for successful candidate
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to LAWSHR@lcsj.org. Please include position title in email subject line. If applying for multiple positions, please send separate email for each position.