Part of our mission at LAWS is to work towards the elimination and prevention of domestic and sexual violence in our community. The LAWS Teen Violence Prevention Program works directly with adolescents in Loudoun County to implement violence prevention programming. Program activities include educating teens about healthy relationships, dating violence warning signs, dynamics of domestic and sexual violence, and bystander awareness.
We use a variety of curriculum-based programs, presentations, and peer education activities to teach teens how to prevent domestic and sexual violence. The Teen Violence Prevention Program collaborates with a number of community partners to provide our programming with youth in a variety of settings.
Some of our partners include:
- Loudoun County Public Schools
- Loudoun County Department of Family Services
- Loudoun County Mental Health, Substance Abuse, & Developmental Services
- Loudoun County Parks, Recreation, and Community Services
- Local private schools and community groups.
If you have questions regarding our Teen Violence Prevention Program, please contact our Program Manager at 703-771-4265.
Valuable resources for teens