The Resourceful Woman Thrift Store
11-A Loudoun Street, SW
Leesburg, VA 20176
Open Tuesday-Saturday, 10:00am-5:00pm
Donations to The Resourceful Woman are accepted at our thrift store location, Tuesday-Saturday, from 10:00am-4:30pm.
The Resourceful Woman is a program of LAWS that features gently used and new clothing, books and household items at affordable prices. Its proceeds help fund may of our programs. The goals of operating The Resourceful Woman Thrift Store are:
- Provide clothing and household items to victims of domestic and sexual violence in need
- Raise money for the LAWS Shelter program
- Offer reasonably priced items to the community
What Can Be Donated?
We accept the following new and gently used items:
- Clothing (women’s, children’s, and men’s—all sizes are needed!)
- Accessories (jewelry, belts, hats, scarves, purses)
- Books and movies
- Small household items (glassware, plates, flatware, cooking items, decorative items, seasonal items, etc).
- Toys (with the exception of used stuffed animals over 10” tall)
- Bags (paper and plastic)
At this time, we cannot accept:
- Used electrical appliances
- Used pillows, bedding, blankets, or other items with bedding or batting
- Used car seats
- Used stuffed animals over 10” tall
- Toys that have been recalled or that are violent in nature (swords, guns, etc)
How to Make a Donation
Donations to The Resourceful Woman are accepted at our thrift store location, Tuesday-Saturday, from 10:00am-4:30pm. A donation receipt is available at the time you make your donation. If you have a question about whether or not we can take a donated item, feel free to call us during store hours at 703-771-8173. We kindly ask that you do not leave items outside the store when we are not open.
NOTE: If you have a large donation to deliver, the easiest way to make your delivery is to come to our back door entrance. Directions are as follows: coming from the east towards Leesburg, turn left onto King Street from Loudoun Street. Take the first right onto Royal Street. Go about one block, then turn right into The Resourceful Woman parking lot (rear of shop). There is a large dumpster at the entrance of the parking lot. If you are coming from the west towards Leesburg, turn right onto King Street from Loudoun Street, then the first right onto Royal Street and follow the remainder of the directions after that.
The Resourceful Woman Promotions and Events
The Resourceful Woman often offers special promotions and events, including weekly sales, our semi-annual “Bag Sale” event, and often later hours and live music during downtown Leesburg’s First Friday events. To keep up with the latest information, follow us on Facebook at The Resourceful Woman Thrift Store and on Twitter @trwthriftstore.