Calling the LAWS 24-Hour Crisis Hotline is the first step to accessing our emergency shelter. LAWS is the only emergency shelter in Loudoun County that is specifically for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault who are fleeing abuse. Our shelter is a small, single-family home in a confidential location. The shelter can house up to 12 people. There are three bedrooms, two full bathrooms, a kitchen, a dining room, living room, laundry area, and playroom. There is also a fenced in back yard for additional privacy and protection. Residents at our shelter are provided bedding, toiletries, clothing and food. All services are confidential and free. For families in need of shelter with pets, we coordinate pet shelter through a partnership with the Loudoun County Animal Shelter. If you have concerns about your pet and needing shelter, please call our hotline and our advocates can tell you more about what options are available.
While residents are in shelter, the following services are provided:
- Safety planning
- Advocacy and case management
- Assistance with goal planning
- Assistance with basic needs, including food, clothing, and toiletries
- Information and referrals to community resources
- Transportation assistance to appointments when needed
- Access to all other services offered by LAWS, including counseling, support groups, children’s services, and legal assistance
If you or someone you know may need shelter services, please call our hotline at 703-777-6552 to speak to one of our advocates.