The Resourceful Woman Thrift Store is OPEN!
Customer hours will be 11-4 Tuesday through Saturday. Donation hours will be 10-4:30 Tuesday through Saturday. All customers must wear a mask while in the store. If you would like to have a private shopping time after hours or on Monday please call 703-771-8173 to make an appointment. For the safety of staff and other customers, please wait 14 days to shop if you have recently been exposed to COVID-19 or are having any symptoms of sickness.
The Resourceful Woman Thrift Store
11-A Loudoun Street, SW
Leesburg, VA 20176
Open Tuesday-Saturday, 11:00am-4:00pm
Donations to The Resourceful Woman are accepted at our thrift store location, Tuesday-Saturday, from 10:00am-4:30pm.
The Resourceful Woman is a program of LAWS that features gently used and new clothing, books and household items at affordable prices. Its proceeds help fund many of our programs. The goals of operating The Resourceful Woman Thrift Store are:
- Provide goods for LAWS clients that are victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in need of clothing and household items
- Raise money for the LAWS Shelter program
- Offer reasonably priced items to the community
What Can Be Donated?
We accept the following new and gently used items:
- Clothing (women’s, children’s, and men’s—all sizes are needed!)
- Accessories (jewelry, belts, hats, scarves, purses)
- Books and DVDs- No VHS Tapes, text books or encyclopedias
- Small household items (glassware, plates, flatware, cooking items, decorative items, seasonal items, etc).
- Stuffed animals under 10” in length, board games and puzzles
- Bags (paper and plastic)
We do not accept:
- Used electrical appliances
- Used pillows, bedding, blankets, or other items with any filling or batting inside
- Used car seats, strollers, playpens or baby bouncers (no items with padding)
- Used stuffed animals over 10” tall
- Used bike helmets
- Toys that have been recalled or that are violent in nature (swords, guns, etc)
How to Make a Donation
All donations to The Resourceful Woman are accepted at our back door entrance of our thrift store location, Tuesday-Saturday, from 10:00am-4:30pm. A donation receipt is available at the time you make your donation. If you have a question about whether or not we can take a donated item, feel free to call us during store hours at 703-771-8173. (Please do not leave items outside of the building.)
Directions to the back door entrance:
If you are coming from the east towards Leesburg, turn left onto King Street from Loudoun Street. Take the first right onto Royal Street. Go about one block, then turn right into The Resourceful Woman parking lot (rear of shop). There is a large dumpster at the entrance of the parking lot.
If you are coming from the west towards Leesburg, turn right onto King Street from Loudoun Street, then the first right onto Royal Street. Go about one block, then turn right into The Resourceful Woman parking lot (rear of shop). There is a large dumpster at the entrance of the parking lot.
The Resourceful Woman Promotions and Events
The Resourceful Woman often offers special promotions and events, including weekly sales and often later hours during Leesburg’s First Friday events. To keep up with the latest information, follow us on Facebook at The Resourceful Woman Thrift Store , on Instagram trwthriftstore and on Twitter @trwthriftstore